Monday, February 8, 2010

Fun Projects

First, I want to share that I finally received my diploma for my master's in the mail. It finally hits home that I have graduated with a Masters in Education (emphasis educational technology leadership) from the University of Arkansas!



Yesterday I took advantage of Clint being home and worked on a little project I have been thinking about. I love to sew and have been making rag quilts. I was finishing up my mom's yesterday. I had been thinking about designing a diaper bag that fit my needs better. I was currently using a backpack as the purchased diaper bag was too small. However, both bags had only 1 large compartment and several small zipper spots. I found the diapers got squished and things were always a mess. Plus there wasn't ever room for anything extra. So, I designed this bag! It has 3 spots insided divided by fabric. I have a spot for diapers w/ wipes, a spot for clothes, and the a spot for diaper cream etc. There is enough room on top for me to place his blanket or other items if needed. It is light weight and washable. I made it from receiving blankets purchased at goodwill. In reality it only cost about $8 to make and I had fun! It was a design in my head that I was able to make a reality.



1 comment:

Cynthia Matzat said...

Congrats on the diploma, and cute bag! :)