Yesterday I had my 37 week doctor's appointment. Dr. Richmond is a busy OB as he has a lot of July babies coming up! My appointment was at 3:15 and I didn't even get called back into the room until after 4:30. Suprisingly I really didn't mind the wait. I enjoyed people watching. Some others were really upset! But I figure we all have says like this. When I finially got callled back they did the usally weighing and blood pressure. I gained 4 pounds from last week (when I lost 2) and thus have gained a total of 36 pounds in this pregnancy. Not too bad in my opinion. My blood pressure is a little higher than normal but they weren't worried.
I did get checked to see if there was any progress yet. Surpisingly there was! I am 1.5 cm dialated, 80% effaced and the baby is at a -1 / -2 stations. This means he is doing good and I am in a great place for 37 weeks. I asked Dr. Richmond what he thought the time schedule was but he replied he didn't have a crystal ball. He did inform me he is working the 4th of July, all next week, and is on call next weekend. He said I had a good chance of seeing him then. This made me feel good because I would really like him to be the one to deliever my child but I really don't have control over it.
So, keep me in your thoughts as the time grows nearer when I get to meet this little one!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment