Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kolby is 2 weeks old!

Today was an eventful day for us. Kolby and I both had our 2 week postpartum appointments. I didn't sleep well last night as I was nervous for today's events. I don't know what it was but I believe it was mainly because Clint wasn't there with me. However, verything went wonderfully! My mom went with me as I still can not drive or lift anything over 10 lbs. Kolby was first and got a good report. He is weighing in at 8 lbs 14 oz and is 22 inches long! He is growing so fast. Before long he will be out of newborn diapers.

After his appointment we ate lunch and went to Target. We had time in between appointments so we were just killing time. Kolby tried to stay awake and take in all the different sights and sounds but eventually lost out to sleep. He slept for the longest time! I got very tired walking around Target. It was the most activity I have had since giving birth. It WORE ME OUT! So mom and I sat down for Starbucks and I looked at my phone and my calender reminded me of my appointment. I thought it was at 3:00 but apparently it was at 1:00. It was currently 1:15! I blame it on the lack of sleep as a new mommy!

So I called and they had me come in right away. Dr. Richmond was gone so I was only seeing his nurse for an incision check. She came and got me from the waiting room and to my relief told me I didn't have to have blood drawn! I thought I was going to. Actually I was going to have staples removed but since a different doctor delivered, I was glued back together. So she just checked it and said things look great! It is healing wonderfully and she said it should shrink and I will have a very minimal scar. I was happy to hear this. I did get in trouble for doing to much and was told to be more gentle with the incision site. (For example, I wore maternity jeans near that area and was told not too.) The best news is I have lost 14 lbs since giving birth! I at least wanted to have kept off what Kolby weighed and I did! YEAH!!!! Here's to breastfeeding.

This past week also greeted us with visitors. Nana and Papa McKoy spent 4 days with us helping out. Larry had Clint doing small chores around the house and Michele helped me spoil Kolby. We love having them around and hope they can visit again shortly.

So this next week will be a slow one. Clint is back to work and I am still on light duty until Wednesday. I can't drive or do much. My plans include spoiling and taking care of my son, sleeping, and hopefully getting some stuff done for the beginning of the school year. I will post pictures soon. I am too tired now to do it!

No comments: